The Seventh Commandment: You shall not commit adultery
1. We are different than all other creatures because we are made in the image of God. Genesis 1:3, 9, 11, 14-15, 24, Genesis 1:26-28, 18-23, 24-25
2. God created us with sexual capacity so that we could experience the fidelity and intimacy of the triune God in marriage.
3. Adultery breaks our covenant with God and with our spouse. Proverbs 2:17; Malachi 2:13-14
4. The Bible refers to adultery as a great sin that was punishable by death in the Old Testament. Genesis 39:9; Genesis 20:9; Deuteronomy 22:22
5. Adultery is a sin of the heart that requires drastic action. Matthew 5:17-20, 27-30