The Grace of Giving NT
1. The grace of Giving in the New Testament
A. The Justification for Giving. 1 Cor 9:11-14
B. Instruction for Giving. 1 Cor 16:1-2
C. Examples of Giving and Excuses for Not Giving. 2 Cor 8:1-24
D. The Application of Giving. 2 Cor 9:6-7
2. The Grace of Giving in your life
A. The Macedonians were poor, but they gave like they were rich.
B. Jesus was rich, but for your sake, He became poor so that you, through His poverty, might become rich.
C. The Corinthians made excuses for not giving to God what they knew they should give to Him.
1. Procrastination: I will give tomorrow. 2 Cor 8:10-11
2. Hesitation: I'm not ready to give today. 2 Cor 8:12
3. Inability: I am not able to give as much as I would like to give or as much as others give, so I am not going to give what I know I should give. 2 Cor 8:12
4. Exception: Since others have more than I have, I am not responsible to give. 2 Cor 8:13-15
5. Integrity: I do not trust that the money I give is being used wisely. 2 Cor 8:16-24
3. Incentives for Giving to God
A. Stop and consider the goodness of God in your life. Ps 103:1-5
B. Look at the example of Christ. 2 Cor 8:9
C. Listen carefully to people who have given generously to God and to those who have not given as they know they should. 2 Cor 8:1-8, 10-24