The Grace of Giving in 2017
1. The requirements of the Old Testament law are not lessened or diminished under grace.
Exodus 20:3, 7, 15; Matthew 5:17
2. Under grace, you are in a much better position to grow in Christ-likeness than you were under the law.
Matthew 5:21-22, 27-28; Malachi 1:1
3. The principle of tithing predates the law by at least 700 years.
Genesis 14:18-20; 4:2-7; Hebrews 11:4; 1 John 3:11-12
4. Giving at least 10% of your income to the Lord is the starting point for the work God seeks to do in you and through you.
5. Giving at least 10% of your income to the Lord reveals a heart of faith that trusts God.
6. Giving at least 10% of your income to the Lord provides a setting for God to be glorified through His church.