Discipleship Part II: Scripture & the Glory of God
A. Jesus' Syllabus
1. Knowing God meaningfully
2. Doing good to others
1. Values from Jesus, not others
2. Choices from Jesus, not self 3. Securing from Jesus, not possessions
C. Learning Environment
1. Immersion in Scripture
2. Prayer for the right reason
3. Finding our place and function in God's family
4. Deliberately passing on to others what we learn
2. The Glory of God Displayed
A. Creation Psalm 19:1-4
B. Mosaic Law Psalm 19:9-11
C. Jesus Hebrews 1:1-3
D. Therefore 1 Peter 2:2, 3; John 5:39; Romans 11:36
3. Motivation for Immersion in Scripture 2 Peter 1:3,4
4. Developing a New Habit
A. What does it say?
B. What does it mean?
C. What does it reveal about the beauty and goodness of God?
D. How should I respond?
5. Our Job Description: Passing On What We See 1 Peter 2:9